Why won't light come through window?

Hey,

I’m using the new UE5.

I’m trying to create a scene with most of the light coming in through the window, but some supplemental indoor lighting.

Right now the outdoor light will cast a little pannel of light on the floor, but it doesn’t illuminate the room at all.

Am I missing a setting?

here it is without the point light.

1. Check that you have the scability options at least high
  2. In the project settings make sure that “Dynamic Global Illumination Method” is set to “Lumen”
  3. In the graphic window change the view mode to lumen overview, if everything is black, make sure that the meshes have the “Distance Field Resolution Scale” at least 1

I have it set to Epic and Lumen is turned on. Sorry, I’m not familiar with the graphics window.

put “ShowFlag.VisualizeLumen 1” in the console is the same than use de graphic window

Hey,

I wasn’t sure what you meant by “is the same than use de graphic window,” but I went ahead and put that command in the console and all it did was lower the lod.

that is the lumen visualization, it was to see if it was a mesh problem, you can go back to how it was before with “ShowFlag.VisualizeLumen 2”

do you have a skylight in the scene?
maybe your sun intensity is too low?
or maybe your window is a translucent object that is causing problems?

You probably just need to crank up the exposure. In photos or videos of rooms where light from outside is hitting the floor, the floor in that spot is typically near white/over exposed in order to get decent exposure for the rest of the room.

Well, I tried cranking up the sun intensity and indirect lighting (picture 1) as well as the camera exposure (picture 2). Both gave me terrible lighting where the light seriously flickered on the walls.

Picture 3 is where I took off the roof. That actually worked well, but removing the window or even the walls on that side of the house did nothing significant.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 111256
Screenshot 2022-04-13 111744
Screenshot 2022-04-13 111930