Why Will User Widget fail to save under this condition?

Situation:

A user Widget A with a canvas and several widgets. One of the widgets is another user defined User Widget B say a specialized list of text.

When you edit the definition of widget B, say change parameters in a function, even without touching widget A, you get an error message like the following on widget A and widget A has a star in the content browser as if it was changed:

Can't save ../../../../../../Data/Mikaboshi2/UnrealProjects/Client/Saved/Autosaves/Game/Client/UserInterface/HUD/LoginScreen_Auto1.uasset: Graph is linked to private object(s) in an external package.
External Object(s):
/Engine/Transient

Try to find the chain of references to that object (may take some time)?

Hello.

Could you show some pictures of your widget blueprints or give an example of how to reproduce this problem? I tried to repro while being as simple as possible and didn’t have any luck. To be exact, I made two widget blueprints, added one to the other’s canvas panel and then tried editing the child widget’s BP.

We haven’t heard from you in a while, Wallenstein. Are you still having this issue? If so, could you provide the information I requested in my previous comment? In the meantime, I’ll be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes.