Why Visual Studio can't Go To Definition in Verse ?

284e4ee204578144de24c0c7ff1c1601

4 Likes

Not sure why we can’t go there by using the “Go to Definition” option, but you can explore these classes and modules by opening the “UnrealEngine.digest.verse” and “Verse.digest.verse” scripts, directly from UEFN / file explorer.

My guess is that “using” only calls the specified import path of the module, while the whole class/module itself is stored in somewhere else. So it doesn’t know where to look for.

Same problem here!

I’ve even formatted the PC, disabled any extensions that might be causing conflicts, and reviewed all the settings, but I can’t figure out why it doesn’t work specifically on one of my PCs (only happens with verse).

If you press Control + click on it it does the same effect, and if the definition does not appear it is because you opened the file directly from VS. You have to open it directly from UEFN, for it to work :slight_smile:
It also doesn’t show errors if you open it directly from VS.

1 Like

Has been a huge headache, however, I formatted my system again, and now, with a clean Windows installation, it works.

It feel like overkill, but if anyone else experiences this issue and has already tried checking all the settings, shorcuts and so on, this can be a solution :sweat_smile:

1 Like