Why sometimes when I import images I got them with different settings?

Hello, so thats a default settings on imported image"Normalmap", “WorldNormalMap”, sRGB disabled

340782-why.png

With most images all fine, but sometimes UE doing that with settings.

Generally UE imports files named ***_N as normal maps, maybe it considers other affixes too. It always gives you a little warning upon importing.

The reason is, non-color-data images (masks and normal maps) must not be compressed to produce the correct result, and normal maps additionally have values from -1 to 1, instead of default 0-1.

Image called “WorkshopCreateInvertedImage_ru” (other images with “_ru” dont get this settings), and I dont get any warning. I import mages by dragging them into UE content browser.

Thanks for you answer, I missed alert message :slight_smile:

Sometimes if your image is too bluish, Unreal consider it as a normal, but it always show you a message saying is importing a as nomalmap.
Anyway you can change it on the texture panel, if you need to correct it.

Oh, I imported copy of this image and yes, now I see that warning, but its dissapear after some time, thats why I missed it :slight_smile: Looks like UE thinks that that black part if image its a dead zone, and violet part its a normal map :slight_smile: Thanks for you answer :slight_smile:

340852-workshopcreateinvertedimage-ru.png