Why Reverb Effect does not work?

Hi People :slight_smile:
First step I added audio volume in scene, next I create reverb effect and select it in audio volume.
I create press button F event and play sound at location.
(similar in [video][1] )
And i don’t notice echo effect with any settings.
Why reverb effect may not work?

298003-reverb3.png

Same problem here. Already changed the settings in the Sound class and no results.

I’m walking in circles here. Did you find a solution?

Hey. I did not find a solution. I had to manually add an echo to the effects of the steps.

Found it 5 min later after posting this lol.

The problem in my case is that the sound attenuation is triggered by the players position, not the camera position (as standard), and the audio volume is activated only by camera position (Don’t know if there is a way to change, i didn’t find).

So the solution was to create a big audio volume, and deactivate the the volume and reverb option in the settings, and activate manually through BP with the “activate rever effect” node (This only works if the camera is inside an audio volume).

There is a way. It’s called an Audio Listener Override. It’s expensive, because it generally has to run off of Tick. In a first-person game, the camera-as-listener works well because the camera is essentially where the player’s head would be. But it can be done.