Why project world position to screen always output true!

Hello there. As you can see, I’ve created an actor component blueprint that projects the actor’s world position onto the screen. I intentionally moved the actor off the screen, but the boolean return value of the node still shows as true. Based on my existing knowledge, this return value indicates whether the world position is already within the screen; true means yes, and false means no. However, the returned screen position x value is negative, which clearly indicates that it’s off the screen. Why is the return value still true in this case?

1 Like

I always thought it returned false if projection was not possible. Can you use Was Actor Recently Rendered instead?

There’s a similar widget node that returns false if world position is outside viewport.

1 Like

Hey there @Wooada1! Welcome back to the community! I second Everynone’s recommendation to use Was Recently Rendered, and maybe even a secondary trace check on if a key portion is visible. Here’s a resource to explain how the node is used!

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.