Why no landscape UE 5.0.3

Hi, when I load valley of the ancient in UE 5.0.3 there’s no landscapes, just floating in space?
Fix?

Landscape works fine for me in 5.0.3.
This might be some configuration problem specific to your system, that got triggered by some small change in 5.0.3 (if it worked in 5.0.2.)

How much RAM does your computer have?
How much VRAM does your GPU have?
Are you using the latest version drivers for the GPU?

64GB Ram
3090 GPU
Latest Drivers

well, that should be enough :slight_smile:

did the landscape is loaded in the level, I see a list of grey items, meaning they are not loaded in the level.

Hello @notedmusician!
It happened to me too haha
@dorusoftware is right!

Look:

Hey @notedmusician just to piggyback on Alberto and Doru’s advice, that thread Alberto linked should solve your problem, but using the map to it’s fullest it will be nice to know how world partitioning works. So if you’re interested, here’s the documentation for that, please let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi there, I am a newbie and at the moment my UE computer is not available to check what I am about to say… so please understand all the following is guestimate :slight_smile:

So, as I remember it, Valley of the Ancient demonstrates a number of things, one of them, for the purpose of OP question is the switching in data layer inside the same level, as in switching from the campfire level to the dark world level (with the huge aggressive vilain)

On your capture there are several hints to check :

As mentioned by dorusoftware there are greyed items in your outliner, but those are in a “campfire” subfolder

In your data layer panel, ONLY the dark world is visible (locate the EYE icon)

In your view port the location is around the campfire, whose datalayer is not eyed… and the eyed darkworld is further from there…

As is (only darkworld eyed) I would move the camera to check if its geometry is just further
and or, i would try and click those eye icons to check if the ground around the campfire wouldn’t be visible if the “campfire geometry” data layer was “eyed”

But in the end I recall there is no landscape as we know it, the ground of those levels is only done by nanite mesh if I remember correctly, this was also, in itself a purpose of that demonstration : nanite helps you to discard “UE landscape paradigm” and rely on meshes

Hoping thoses comments serves a purpose :slight_smile:

1 Like