Why my project does never appear in the Unreal Project Browser "Recent Projects" list? (5.1)

No matter what I do:

• Open the project file by double-clicking
  • Open the profile file from the Project Browser “Browse…” button

My project (UE 5.1) is never added to the “Recent Projects” list. (it shows up in the Epic Launcher).

imagen

I searched on the forums and I found similar issues, but none of the provided solutions work, because they are either focused on the Epic Launcher or UE’s inside menu “Recent Projects”.

For example:

What can be done? I don’t even know what kind of information to report here :slight_smile: So let me know what can I provide.

It’s in the Epic Launcher tho:

4 Likes

Duck debugging works. Found solution here:

• Create a new blank project inside the same folder as the other project, example: C:/foo/projects/
  • Open and close the project
  • Now your other project appears in the Recent Projects in the Project Browser, as long as it is also inside C:/foo/projects/.

5 Likes

Thanks Alfred!

1 Like

Thank you very very much! Not all heroes wear capes but you sir, you deserve to wear one <3!

1 Like

I just had a bit different problem. Option “Most recently used” filter didn’t work, so the last opened project didn’t move at the start of the list.
So, I followed your recommendations and found “EditorSettings.ini” file. The path for my projects was right.
But then I noticed a list of recent projects just under ‘CreatedProjectPaths=’. I deleted those lines, saved it and when I opened Unreal Engine I noticed that “Most recently used” filter is finally working! So, if anyone has problem like me, try my solution.
Hope it helps.

2 Likes

This works as a partial solution. If you delete the game created it will go back to showing no projects and using the default folder.

true, additionally, from version 5.0 up to current 5.3 it still does not work, no matter what I do. Meanwhile I was switching PC’s and reinstalled Windows.

This is obiously A BUG.

My intention is to see recent projects, no matter what location I use. It “just should work”.

1 Like

I’ve also been having this problem. Everything that’s been suggested I’ve tried, but my old projects aren’t showing. Even if a new copy has been made for UE 5.1.

Perhaps this has been fixed. Using 5.3.2, I created test projects for the folders containing projects not showing on the Unreal Project Browser. Then I deleted those test projects. Even after several refreshes and restarts, the formerly-missing projects remain in the Browser.

Thank you! Worked like a charm.