why my Menu Anchor just can Pop-up once? (After Turning off “Use Application Menu Stack” in the menu anchor advanced setting)

I am making the movable widget.
And reference @UnrealSolver’s video UE4 - How to make movable Widgets? - YouTube.
In the process, I use the menu anchor in “MainUI” to pop-up a widget.
And then, I want to let this pop-up widget movable.
I sucessed, but when I move this widget there are some abnormal background color.
As a result, I find another discussion to solve this question. (How can I delete background of Menu Anchor Pop-up? - #2 by mshvern)
But when I Turning off “Use Application Menu Stack” in the menu anchor advanced setting, I can not pop-up a widget multiple times by clicking button. (Although the background color problem was solved)

Please help me!!!

@Everynone Do you have any idea?

• making the movable widget
  • I use the menu anchor in “MainUI” to pop-up a widget
  • when I move this widget there are some abnormal background color

Never tried moving an anchor menu.

• how do you move it? Drag & drop?
  • when do you get abnormal background color - when you move the anchor menu while it’s open?

Follow this video! UE4 - How to make movable Widgets? - YouTube.

Yes! when I move the pop-up menu. Right, it is open.

Could you clarify? You have an anchor menu, anchor menu opens a pop-up - are you trying to move just the pop-up while the anchor stays in place?

And again, how are you moving it? Are you using Drag & Drop?

Sorry I do not have the time to watch tuts. I wish!

@UnrealSolver

Happy I clicked that in the end…

It’s Mohawk Manny, my boi! :saluting_face:

@wade0608 So you’re not using drag & drop.

1 Like

Like this video.

2023-07-03 16-31-57.mkv (2.2 MB)

Right, I think the method is update Location by the mouse.

I am really confused. Could you clarify what is what? You have a very clear image of what you’re doing. I do not.

You click a button, and that button does what? Opens the anchor menu elsewhere on the screen? And then you try to move that anchor menu child? Is that what I am looking at?

I’m curious to see how you actually access anchor menu child. Could you explain, in great detail what you’re doing. Ideally in bullet points. Or post script.

I am sensing a render pipeline limitation here, actually. But I’d need to repro this first. This is very uncanny - I haven’t seen this done before.

Right!
I create a button and a menu anchor in the main user interface.

And then in the another user interface is this one I want to pop-up. In this user interface, the blueprint just followed the “Unreal Solver”'s video to create a widget that can move.
So I click this button I can pop-up this widget!

1 Like

And which element are you moving? The anchor or the pop-up?

I think you’re moving the pop-up only and the anchor is going berserk in the background…

1 Like

In my Level blueprint, I call main menu.

But, if I call the another menu in Level blueprint, I will not get this false. Like this video.
2023-07-03 16-42-13.mkv (1.3 MB)

yes, I also think so. As a result, someone say it can Turning off “Use Application Menu Stack” in the menu anchor advanced settings.
But when I do that, I can pop-up my widgets multiple times. Just can pop-up once.

You’re not answering my questions. :expressionless:

• what are you moving? the anchor or the child the anchor created
  • if you’re moving the child the anchor created, how do you access the child

Is this another issue? Not sure how this is relevant? Is it?

As you mention above, I guess that maybe “I am moving the pop-up only and the anchor is going berserk in the background…”
Because I want to click a button and pop-up a widget. And this widget is movable.

There is nothing I created in Anchor child.

Right. :frowning:

I can’t help if I do not know how you’re doing it. I really want to help.

1 Like

thx, bro! which part you don’t understand clear.

The one I quoted above, the one I’ve now asked about 3 times.