Why my first game thumbnails keep getting rejected?

I’m trying to publish my first game and my thumbnails keep getting rejected. I tried two versions. I assumed the first one was rejected due to the skull in the picture. But the second is just text in a black background…and I know this is valid because I saw published games like that in Fortnite.

This is my first game in UEFN, so maybe I’m missing something. Can someone give me a hand?

First thumbnail: Screenshot - 32588a73d4c62d110fd06fe730edcafa - Gyazo
Second thumbnail: Screenshot - fcfd98bec91b6f2af933d33585863160 - Gyazo

@GodelianTuring Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like

Hi Godelian,

Take a look at the thumbnail guidelines.

I did feel a “sense of threat, dread or terror” when opening your first thumbnail. (Maybe the image on the left constitutes a ‘grotesque creature’…)

With the second thumbnail, It seems fine, but I think it goes against the “Be engaging” guideline.

I’d try again with that text on a colored/textured background (a screenshot of your island maybe) and/or with the font embellished.

1 Like

Ok. This is enough for me to have a direction to change my thumbnail. Thank you!

Hello again. I was able to pass the image content review, but now I have a problem with the description. This is what I put (see below).

I’m asking for extra help instead of figuring out this by myself because apparently I’m falling the IARC Age Rating (3 time already) and I fear if I fail a lot on a new UEFN account they may suspend my publishing privileges.

Title:
Underground War

Description: (This was the problem…this is literally the whole game description and goes along with the violence settings I answered in the IARC in my opinion)

:pick: Dig Tunnels

:crossed_swords: Sword Fight

:dart: Snipe Enemies

:triangular_flag_on_post: Capture the Flag

Island Tags
Capture the Flag; Sniper; Boxfight; Teams

How to Play

:pick: Dig Tunnels

:crossed_swords: Fight Underground

:triangular_flag_on_post: Capture the Flag

My questionnaire:

The only questions I’m not 100% sure are:

How is this violence presented in the game?
Often depicted from a distant perspective

I answered false since for me the true answer is “Often depicted from a close-up perspective”, but maybe should be true for both because of the sniper rifles?

Miscellaneous
“Does the game natively allow users to interact or exchange content with other users through voice communication, text, or sharing images or audio?”

I answered false because I’m assuming voice chat is disabled in custom experiences unless I set them to be allowed, but I’m not sure.

The Failed Content Message:

Thanks for sharing your responses.

I see zero problems with your description, and your Violence settings look good (“close up perspective” would be what I’d choose). I think you’re failing because of “wrong” IARC answers about multiplayer.

Voice chat is NOT disabled in custom experiences anymore, So you’d need to answer ‘Yes’ to some of those. (Responses needed are in this doc)

1 Like

Thanks for helping me again and for the link. I saw some stuff in the link page that will help me update my IARC submission.

My game was accepted. Your link helped a lot. Thanks for everything!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.