Why my "Drag" Door shaking after reach the rotation limit?

Hello!

Im working on a “drag door” like in Layers of Fear 1-2 and Visage. I’m almost done, but there is a little progblem.
So, when i push the door to the rotation limit and im tring to push more, it start shaking randomly. How can i fix this?
I Want the door to stop if i’m pushing it to the limit. And also, in Layers of Fear when I push the door to the limit and I stop pressing left click it bounces back. How can I add force like this?

Here is a video about the problem and the project. I want to create the physics of the door like in Layers of Fear. Hope anyone can help me a bit.
Video: https://streamable.com/0n903g

Hi Edmin, I haven’t seen the door you’re referencing.

If the door is jittering, you can disable it’s physics to stop it from feeling those forces.

If you’d like the door to spring back, you can either add physics force to push it, apply a “physics constraint” (like a spring), or move the door’s transform w/o physics.

Thinking about “Half-Life: Alyx”, the doors didn’t have inertia, they just moved as the player pushed them. That solution might not have used physics at all.

Try to lock X,Y rotation on your door mesh.

I tried. Its not working :frowning: But when i do that, the door not even opening… which is weird I think

If you look in the corner of the door in your video it is separating from the frame. It’s behaving like a door with one hinge on the floor. The XY rotation lock is a smart idea.

Okay, I found the problem… (I cant beleive i spent my whole day with this and that easy was the solution… facepalm). So The door was a little bit in the ground so it bugged in it and didn’t work correctly. Hehh ':smiley: