Why my character can't crouch ?

Hello.

I’m new on Unreal and i’m facing a problem with the mcm. I can’t crouch whereas i’ve done all the documentation say to do

Thank in advance for your help

Is the input action bound in your input mapping?
If you put a breakpoint on the “Crouch” node (select it and press F9) and run the game and press the crouch button, does it enter the node?
Does your animation blueprint actually react to crouching to animate the character as crouching?

Thank you for the F9 tips. So that helped me. In fact yes. The key is registered in the input mapping AND when i’m ‘playing’ the game with the F9 record, it show the node.
I understand something with that. The nodes are played and i didn’t noticed that the walk speed decrease when i crouch BUT the character don’t physically crouch. It’s because of the animation ?

The character won’t animate as crouched on the screen, unless you have crouching animations.
The default “starter kit” animations don’t include crouching, but there are some free animation kits on the marketplace that do.
You’ll need to read up on how to set up the animation blueprint, though.

Adding Crouch | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

Animation Blueprints in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

2 Likes