Why isn't this working? (Custom Controller)

I’m using a custom controller for input, trying to get enhanced input system to work. There’s no errors now but when I click, nothing happens so not a lot to go off of.

To be clear, I’m not asking about or talking about the trace. Even the logs don’t trigger.

Here’s the script:

// Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#include "GameController.h"
#include "EnhancedInputSubsystems.h"
#include "EnhancedInputComponent.h"

AGameController::AGameController() {

}

void AGameController::BeginPlay() {

Super::BeginPlay();

SetShowMouseCursor(true);

if (UEnhancedInputLocalPlayerSubsystem* Subsystem = ULocalPlayer::GetSubsystem<UEnhancedInputLocalPlayerSubsystem>(GetLocalPlayer()))

{
			Subsystem->AddMappingContext(CRPGMapContext, 0);
		}

}

void AGameController::Tick(float DeltaTime) {

Super::Tick(DeltaTime);

}

void AGameController::SetupInputComponent()
{
	Super::SetupInputComponent();

if (UEnhancedInputComponent* EnhancedInputComponent = CastChecked<UEnhancedInputComponent>(InputComponent))
	{
		EnhancedInputComponent->BindAction(LCAction, ETriggerEvent::Started, this, &AGameController::LeftClick);
	}

}

void AGameController::LeftClick(const FInputActionValue& Value) {
	FHitResult hitRes;
	GetHitResultUnderCursorByChannel(ETraceTypeQuery::TraceTypeQuery1, true, hitRes);
	UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("PEWPEW"));
	UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("/s"), hitRes.GetActor()->execStringConst);
}

Did you set your LCAction variable in the blueprints?

Do I have to create a controller blueprint? Is the script not enough?

Or do I basically need the blueprint because the enhanced input system requires one so you can use the input action data assets properly?

You need to create a UActionInput variable in your .h file:

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, Category = Input)
UInputAction* LCAction;

You then have to create a Input Action blueprint, set your inputs there, and set this blueprint as your LCAction variable.
|

Finally, you have to do the same process for the Input Mapping Context. Create the Input Mapping Context blueprint, set your input action in that blueprint, create the UInputMappingContext* variable in your .h file, and set the Input Mappeing Context blueprint as that variable.

It’s okay man. People really seemed to struggle with understanding what I was asking and I don’t know any other way to phrase it. I basically got my answer though. Thanks.