Why isn't physics XY plane constraint always working after collisions?

I’m adding an impulse to a physics body to launch it at a wall, which causes it to occasionally get stuck in wall/floor after hitting the wall. I’ve constrained the global physics setting to XY plane as well as the physics body I’m launching at the wall, but the problem persists about 10% of the time. I’ve tried various physics settings like enabling CCD on both the body and the wall, as well as turning on physics sub-stepping. The normal Z location of the object is 5.0, but when the problem reproduces, the Z location has been changed to -4.999. Has anyone seen this before?

Screenshot of moving physics body in good state with good location:

Screenshot of body stuck in the floor after the collision with the wall:

Global physics settings:

Any help would be appreciated.

Could you try replicating it with a mesh that is not scaled? At least no non-uniform scale. Here’s why I’m asking, a classic UE egg:

One fix I came up with was to increase the height of walls, and lower them so they actually overlapped with the floor. My initial setup had the wall sitting flush with the floor. I believe the bottom of the wall was about the same height as the bottom of the physics body (BP_Puck). What may have been happening is that the collision caused the puck to shear down. But by increasing the height of the wall and lowering it to overlap the floor, the problem has gone away.

I haven’t yet tried the non-scaled mesh, but may try it next to see if it would also resolve the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.