Why isn't my level for Shooter Game letting me load it with the console?

i’ve made a extra map in UE4 on the shooter game pre made, but i can’t seem to load it with the console after compiling it, i can open it with the console in the editor, is this a bug? do i need to do something?

a update: after tweaking some settings, and compiling w/o .pak files it seems that the compiler doesn’t compile the maps i added for some reason… is this a bug or something? also when you force add it (copying it from the project save to the compiled version) it doesn’t allow you to access it at all.

any ideas why this is happening?

p.s this is also happening for a map called “railway” which is basically a re-texture of sanctuary (planning on making a complete new version with sanctuary as base)

Hey ,

Do you mean you’re to open the map after cooking/packaging? Or do you mean you are trying to open the map while running as a standalone game? Also, what command are you trying to use when opening your map from console?

Thanks,

-Steve

after packaging (for windows) and i’m trying to run the command “open Not_A_Suspicious_Map” (that’s the map name) it works when you’re in the editor but not the standalone client version

Hey ,

Does this issue still occur for you in the 4.2 or 4.2.1 release? If you are still experiencing it, please reply/bump this thread and we’ll be glad to investigate further.

Thanks!

-Steve

bump :wink: anyways, adding a new map, saving it and then using the packaging tool doesn’t seem to work. do i need to add a reference to the map somewhere before the packager adds it to the game?

Hi! I had a similar issue, where I could load my other map in-editor, but not when running the final build.
The solution was to add the new level(s) to the DefaultEditor.ini
(Unreal Projects\Shooter Game 4.1\Config\DefaultEditor.ini)

Perhaps this will help. Good luck!

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on the engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported in the current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, could you please submit a new report for it.

Thanks!

it was because the maps in questions weren’t in the DefaultEditor.ini under always cook :slight_smile: Madhouse helped solve the issue, but thanks anyway

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Have a great day!