Why is Unreal Engine Crashing?

Hey,

I install for the first time Unreal Engine on my Pc and very time i try to load the sotfware, it crashes at 39%.
I have been trying to get open for 24h, but keeps crashing.
I never used the software or have a project there.

What can i do, to get the software to work?

Thank you

What’s the machine spec?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x;
32GB Ram;
RTX 2060 6gb;
1Tb HDD;
250SSD

I’d try verifying with the launcher, just in case:

323580-screenshot-1.jpg

Next port of call would be either updating GPU drivers or, failing that, downgrading them to the studio version.

I try to do the verify on launch and it failed, i updated and downgraded the studio version and still not working

Hmm, not sure. I’m assuming you have directx 12, latest windows, and you’re not overclocking.

When you say it crashes, you mean an actual crash, not just getting stuck at 39%?

Hi there,Greeting of the day,i was gotting the same issue then i found a solution for this i hope it will work for you as well…just try lunch UE4 on your local drive not on launcher

“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe”

Another think when UE4 launches its make Cache on your system…Goto task manager - Details tab - ShaderCompile - Set Priority to High… it will take some time…

i hope its will work for you just try it

I created a FD file has an exemple and loads until 39%, stay there for like 1 or 2 minutes and gives the crash report, every time i start to launch.

Ok, it’s reached the point where it’s going to compile shaders, and then it’s crashing. I’m pretty sure that crash is GPU related, that’s the area to focus on.

Below is random related stuff I found:

Turn off scaling in Nvidia control panel.

Turn off taskbar hiding in windows.

Try letting DDU remove and re-install your GPU drivers:

Hello, I trey to do like you said, but keeps crashing, and when it launch, the CPU hit 100% and shut down :confused:

It’s compiling shaders, that will max out ANY CPU for the duration… ( even on first launch ).

When i launch Unreal, i went to task manager and the CPU was hiting 100%, and it crash my PC, I think the GPU i fine, but i can still try.

For an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, i don’t understand why it hits 100% CPU, by just launching, its not a render or a heavy scenario been built.