Why is UE 4.3 Freezing on my mac?

I do not know the cause to it, but it seems to happen most often when I click Apply in the material editor. It does not happen every time and it has happened a few times in other programs inside UE (like Cascade). UE was working before on this project and in other projects with out freezing.

UE also seems to freeze when I try to open certain projects. It also started to lag quit a bit when I could open it. The weird thing is that in other projects I have little or no lag, yet the projects have about the same amount of stuff (objects, actors, etc.) in them.

Hi LegoNinja39,

Does this occur in a clean project with no additional content? Has the freeze forced you to close the editor or does it usually start back up after a little bit?

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I have not had it occur on a clean project before. The freezing has never started back up before and my computer always says that the application (UE) is not responding. This also causes the rest of my computer to run very slowly.

Hi LegoNinja39,

Can you post a copy of your dxdiag so I can have a look? Thank you!

I forgot to mention this before but I am on a Mac, which does not use DirectX. Do you want me to get a crash report or another file?

The crash report is definitely still a good idea, however for the mac I need you to go to the apple menu>about this mac>more info and let me know the following:

OSX version

Processor

Amount of RAM

Video Card

Drivers (version)

I think I figured out what my problem is. When I was retrieving the info you wanted I found that it was an 2.5 GHz dual core Intel i5 processor. I thought that my computer had a quad-core. It would also explain why there is alway a ton of lag. So, thank you for helping me, but not in a way that I thought that you were.