Why is two factor sign in so problematic

Regularly, accessing my account from my device that i always have, the servers will forget who i am and where i am from and ask me to use two factor to sign in. This is a problem in and of itself but not that big of a deal EXCEPT for the fact that waiting for a two factor code consists of a decade and act of congress before I get my code. No other online service in the history of my using online services has taken so long or acted so erratically as that of Epic Games.

Why is this? I cannot fathom it is because I am using it incorrectly, or other services would have similar issues, but if there is any way I can solve the issue on my end, please let me know.

Honestly, I just finished several chapters of War and Peace, ran a mile, and still no code. Something is funky and definitely requires an engineer’s attention.

You came up with very useful information. Keep it up and let’s Continue blogging. I am waiting to read your next post.
usa map

I cannot fathom it is because I am
using it incorrectly, or other
services would have similar issues,
but if there is any way I can solve
the issue on my end, please let me
know.

It’s not only you. But most of us suffer in silence, afraid to speak up… :wink:

The whole login / authentication situation, especially on AH, has been busted for a couple of years now. :expressionless: And it seems to be random when the two factor ID system kicks

Well, I hope I haven’t broken any taboos by suffering loudly! I remember from when I was more active back in the day that it was a regular workflow breaker, but imagined it would have been resolved by now. Epic isn’t a new company any more and I guess I just expected a more mature software function. I can’t imagine they use the same technology for the EGS or things like Rocket League and Fortnite and it is curious they haven’t brought these systems up to today’s expectations.

Maybe they just need a reminder?