Why is the painting tool stuttering when painting my Landscape?

I get stutter when I’m painting my landscape that has 4 height blended layers. This doesnt happen when I’m sculpting the landscape. I noticed that the helper jumps all over the place, like it only snaps to my cursor position when I stop the mouse. This is extremelly annoying when painting a landscape as I can’t see what I’m doing realtime. Any help or solution would be appreciated.

By the way, the camera also behaves weirdly, when I move it with rmb it only rotates when I stop the mouse…

Hi Popifrex,

Depending on the complexity of your material blend you’ve created for your landscape this could be the issue. The material shaders are compiling during this time when using the blend heightmaps.

Using the sculpting tool is only adjusting the z-height of the landscape which is not near as intensive as using the paint tool to blend layers.

Depending on your system specs this could cause an issue as well.
If you want you can post an image of how your material is setup along with your system specs if you want me to take a look at this more.

Thanks!

Tim

Hi Tim. It appears to happen during landscape sculpting as well now.

I’m running this on a GT630m (Driver Nvidia Geforce 335.23) i5-3210m @ 2.5Ghz with 8GB ram, windows 7 x64. The engine version is 4.02.

Thanks

Apparently all that I needed was a complete build of the map, it now runs fine. Thanks.

Hi Popifrex,

Glad it worked out. If you continue to have any issues with it just post here and I’ll do what I can to help you out.

Thanks!

Tim