Why is simulate blueprint a feature?

Hi,

I’m starting to learn blueprint scripting and I really like it so far, but I don’t understand why “simulate blueprint” is a feature instead of it automatically activating when you press play. To be specific, I was watching this guys tutorial Working With Integers - #6 Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints Tutorial Series - YouTube and at 2:45 when he plays the game, his integer variable automatically starts, but for me I have to press simulate for it to start, and it won’t do it when I press play.

Here is the blueprint I am making.

It’s just showing the value of two floats added, then a delay to show the same value again.

Why is this?

It’s not clear what’s going on in your blueprint, so it would be easier if you can share a screenshot of your BP.
In general, Simulate and Play are not intended for a simultaneous usage. And definitely you should not be required to use Simulate to have everything worked in Play mode.

I have added an image of my blueprint.

If the actor is in the level and you press play it will “simulate” the blueprint automatically if you were to open the blueprint graph up while playing the game.

Have you placed the actor into the level?

There was my problem, I didn’t place it in the level. Thanks. So I have to create my blueprint, make sure simulate is ON, place the actor in the level, and press play. Got it.

Correct. This works.