Why is Presistent weakmap is limited to 2 / world

I just got the compiler error that I can not have more then 2 presistable weakmap.
Now can someone explain my why is this a thing?
Using presistable data for only 1-2 device is not something I would consider good, why cant we save data that we need without this kind of limitations? not like presistable data takes up a lot of space or computing power its max size is 128 kb.

Is there any workaround on using more presistable data across devices, because this completely crosses over some of my devices and i will have to decide what to rewrite completely to use trackers instead.

Also we cant make more then 2 of our own presistable weakmaps but we can place down infinite tracker devices? What is the point then, it seems like a really bad design choice from Epic and would like to see this limitation removed.

I understand that is only for weakmaps with player as a key type but still.

Hi Levi,

I’m still learning how to use Persistence. (I’ve gotten as far as reading docs and copy-pasting code from tutorial with success.)

I think the intended design is to have one class with all of the data/variables you want to persist.

So maybe the solution would be to have all devices hook into that class variable and get the needed data from it?

I get the point there are workarounds, but I don’t want 2 completely different devices or more of mine that has nothing to do with each other or anything in common have to use the same presistable class that is provided by a third device, this is still just a bad design choice since this would make reading and writing code less clear and a hassle. If you make fairly big devices you don’t want to mix the data you want to save with other big devices data, since its just not a good practice and will make maintaining hard overtime. I completely understand the limitation for it I’m not against that, I’m just saying in my opinion it should be more then 2. The point that I don’t understand is why are we limited when stock devices made by epic are not limited, for example: Trackers, Timers, Switches all has the option to use presistable data and I can place down hundreds of them on my world, but I cant make more then 2 on my own? I hope you can see my perspective on this.