I’ve been trying to get my mesh to move on my command like in the UFO input example, but so far I’ve been unsuccesful. Here are the steps I took so far:
- I created a blank project with starters content.
- I created a new Pawn Blueprint.
- I’ve added a mesh and a camera as child of that mesh. The mesh’s mobility is set to Movable.
- I created a Delta Seconds variable and a Movement speed variable.
- I’ve set the movement speed default to 700.
- I’ve created input axes MoveForward, MoveUp and MoveRight with corresponding keyboard buttons and scales.
- I’ve copy pasted a part of the BP_UFO_Physics example that can be found in the Content Examples.
Specifically I’ve copy-pasted the part that updates the actor’s velocity based on Input.
- I’ve also added the Event Tick and connected it to set the delta seconds and then connected it to the Set Physics Linear Velocity node, which has as target my mesh.
- I placed an instance of my Blueprint in the game world and I also set the Auto Possess property to player0
When I press play I can see that the Blueprint is doing its job. The Input Axes have positive values, yet my mesh is not moving. What is going wrong?