Why is my skeletal mesh not visible during Play mode with a Matinee?

Sorry for my bad English.

I have a problem on my skeletal mesh. It shows on matine but in Play mode it disappeares.

I have recorded a video to explain my problem.
Video

Note: I am still using Unreal 4.3.

Yes it works when bounds scale is 8 or greater. But It is more unrealistic also I don’t understand what is the relationship between this and bounds scale.

Hi try to increase bounds scale in the skeletal mesh component properties.

This is kind of engine optimization, skeletal mesh wasn’t visible for the camera and the engine removed it from rendering i suppose;0

And of course it seems to be bugged.

I have added level blueprint

I have checked that my skeletal mesh is not enabled to be hidden during game play.

And also I don’t use Third Person character. I created with cinema 4d and exported with fbx file.

Hi YCT,

Can you post a screen shot of your level blueprint for how you’re setting this up to play? Can you also verify that the mesh that you’re using isn’t enabled to be hidden during game play (Select Skeletal Mesh > Details Panel > Rendering > Actor Hidden in Game > make sure this is unchecked)?

I’ve setup a simple scene like yours with the Third Person character from the third person template and did not have the issue in 4.4.1 or 4.3.1.

Tim

Thanks for getting back to me! I understand you’re not using the third person character but I just used it in my setup since it was a skeletal mesh. Would you mind trying to replicate this in a new project with a included skeletal mesh?

If you’re still getting the issue would mind providing the asset or another asset that causes the same issue for testing? If you don’t want to post a link here you can send a private message to me on the forums with a download link.

Thank you!

Tim

I ran into this issue a while ago and from what I remember it was because the physics asset was out of scale compared to the skeletal mesh - the engine thought the body was off screen because it was so big.

I have found that creating a completely new physics asset in PhAT for the skeletal mesh resolves this issue. Just make sure the physic asset bodies resemble your imported bone structure.

There are some great video tutorials on how to set it up if you haven’t already done so.

This is the documentation on it.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Physics/PhAT/UserGuide/index.html

I have discovered a new thing. If camera is far enough, skeletal mesh is visible.

I have upload a video Video