Why is my mouse lagging the editor?

Hi all. I am getting these annoying lag spikes . I have narrowed it down to my mouse movement. so when i move the camera, stop and move my mouse. I get massive lag. every time.
Please see the video below.
this is 5.4.3
please help. the is un useable
Unreal Engine mouse lagging the editor (youtube.com)

Hey there @Metalvenomuk! How long has this been occurring? Is this a new development with this project or 5.4.3 in general? Do any of your computer resources spike in this time frame? (I’m assuming not since it seems stable when around the oil rig).

I’ve seen similar issues before with High DPI monitors an third party software possibly causing the hitching.

Hi, it has only started since i changed to dx12 in the project settings. i have been working on this for weeks. now after changing . this is accruing. i monitored my system. when the spike happens nothing changed expect a big dip in the gpu usage. but i take it that its just because the fames a frozen for a second.

i don’t have any high dpi monitor. just a 60hz.

Does this occur in a fresh project in this engine version? Another time I’ve seen something similar (but not quite the same) where a user’s mouse movement would drop frames, was when they had MSI afterburner running. Do you have any third party software that overlays UE?

hi, no third party. i ran a test with only essentials running on windows. still the same.
it happens with my keyboard input too.
So if I’m in editor and tap W repeatedly. i can see spikes on the graph from every tap. this is most strange. and I have been using 5.4 for weeks now. why has this happed? did a windows update break something. nothing new is add to the computer.

I have disabled the plugins which others say was causing similar spikes like the “Studio telemetry” plugin etc as well. still the nothing has changed

While possible a windows update caused it but rather unlikely. There was an issue with a windows update causing some issues early in to UE5 Early Access however, so it’s definitely a possibility.

May I know your specs? (I don’t believe it’s your specs, but it could provide a hint).

Hi sure thing.
amd ryzen 5 5500
RTX 3060
120gb DDR4

never had this problem in 5.3. since upgrading to 5.4 DX12. dx11 runs smooth.

I don’t believe the issue is GPU driver related, but it’s also possible whenever running into visual freezing.

If you default the Nvidia control panel settings, does the rate of stuttering change?