Why is my game on another PC without texturies?

Hello, I use UE 5.0.3. I’ve packed an exe file which works perfectly on my PC but is without texturies on my client’s PC. Why can it be? The logs says:

LogStaticMesh: Warning: Invalid material usage for Nanite static mesh [SM_BlackAlder_Field_05] - forcing default material instead.

It is on all objects even not Nanite. Could anybody help me figure out how to fix it?

Thanks.

Can you show a diagram of the material SM_BlackAlder_Field_05?

Do you have dither or is your material not opaque by chance?

3DRaven, Thank you very much for your reply! Mainly SM_BlackAlder_Field_05 is from a free library called Megascans Trees: Europe, if you know it. It has very difficult materials, and maybe it has dither because it is a tree and it dithers, otherwise I am now sure what you mean because I am a beginner (3 days in UE5) (but +10 years in 3D)

At the same time, the exe file works perfectly on my 2nd PC. It doesn’t work only on the PC of my client. :frowning:

The material is probably NOT opaque, for some reason when I open it I don’t see any object in the preview. Maybe because it is NOT opaque. Does this material influence on the whole scene? If so, how can I fix it? Frankly saying I even don’t see how it affects on the object (where it is applied, on what parts of it) - I would be glad to remove it but am not sure how to do it because the parent of the material is veeeery complicated for me now and I can’t figure out where the BlackAlder_Field_05 is in it.

I am attaching a screenshot of the material, but it has a lot of parents and it probably will be difficult to show them all, but I will try. At the same time, please notice, even the most simple materials took a default shader on my client’s PC.
I hope this forum will allow you to open the high res of the screenshot.

Thank you sooo much for your assistance! I very appreciate it!

This is a link to the full size of the screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W8xmJuAAeE173uiXPvjiVbv7eS1i0uEh/view?usp=sharing

I hope it will help to understnad the issue.

Not much of the node graph is visible but I do see that you have an node that calculates opacity so I’m pretty sure the material is not opaque or if it is the opacity is plugged in the mask slot. Neither are supported by Nanite (no word on when it will even be possible).

The thing is you do not need to use Nanite your impostor meshes if this is what you are doing!

They are already the lightweight version of your model (basically a plane with a rendered flipbook with specular & normal maps)

Can you track down the static meshes with the impostors and check if they have nanite enabled on them? If so turn it off. (it should basically be a quad with textures not the full model)

Seems there is a nanite tool specifically to test compatibility of objects

Tools => Nanite Tools

Oh okay. Do I understand it correctly that if an object has an opacity map - it is not suitable for Nanite, correct?

Thank you very much by the way for your replies! They very help.

The nanite tools will show a list of actors that can and cannot be converted.

In the tool click the 'Errors" tab to see if objects are converted which shouldn’t be nanite.

Thank you!