Why is MOBA gaming so toxic?

Well, I finished Assassin’s Creed: Unity recently and it was on sale through Steam. But yeah it was quite a monster of a game, and while enjoyable, huge big-budget “next-gen” “AAA” gaming is probably on the way out for me.

I bought Wolfenstein: New Order but the graphics quality was so low (seemed like a straight previous-gen console port) I refunded it.

Indie games seem interesting but are strange and weird. There was one “artsy” game that won “awards” and featured on Steam where you play a child learning about the birds-and-the-bees using dolls while your parents are away. Very disturbing for obvious reasons.

Then there is this whole “gamergate” thing which I still have no idea what it is about except that there weren’t enough female protagonists. But nonetheless scantily-clad females and female humanoids still enlarge (pun unintended) the bottom line. So the whole gender issues in games is another total mess.

So I’m stuck with Heroes of the Storm for now. I want to just make games (eventually) and bail from playing games, I’m starting to not like the gaming world in general.

Maybe I might exit the whole gaming scene after a while, but there’s no other digital entertainment I enjoy!

As noted above HOTS is tolerable for now.

you can play games like Sonic,Rayman,Crash Bandicoot,Half-Life,E.T.,Star Wars and Indiana Jones…and even more.

Because there are strange people who like doing things right and because the game is designed critically bad.

If you have a permanent team and you fail, you will be punished by your teammate and coach, benching you and lastly ban you.
Moba is composed with different type of gaming. Normals and Ranked

When i play normals i don’t care if win or lose. But if i play ranked i suppose that i try to play my best match and also i think my teammates thinks it.
Instead, you try to communicate with some stranger who don’t care about it. That person will continue to play SOLO, in a TEAMPLAY GAME, and redoing the same mistake again and again. AND YOU CAN’T DO NOTHING FOR CHANGING IT.
Why some people play ranked and says: first time “name_champion”. Why? Why that person didn’t tried it before, in co-op or normals? Why? Cause they don’t care.
That was the psychological aspect.

It would be easily resolved by a clever game design. Giving the team a tool for blocking that player from trolling in ranked.
Problem is that you will have chances to lose monetization. Why resolve this if the people will play and pay anyway?

When people will be sick of this and bring their money to other games, the toxic will instantly be defeated.

I bet Half-Life 2 Episode 3 and Half-Life 2 Episode=Half-Life 3 will support MOBA controller.

Rofl… This is what human race has become;

I’ll keep having legit fun playing offline RPGs on my ePSX emulator thx.

I’ve been insulted a few times playing Go online. /shrug

While I wouldn’t laugh at that it’s just sad. That being said, eSports is as competitive as any pro (physical) sports and in time the money will get to the “Ronaldo” level. For better or worse (probably for worse)… I don’t know. Physical sports and eSports require talent and dedication and is fun and exciting.

But when big money gets involved… our fiat monetary system is so “infected” it destroys everything it touches. Kinda like (redacted - I’ll be nice for now).

In this guy’s review (user 声優♥] レイ-ライト) on Dota 2 on Steam he does bring up something very pertinent:

Here’s a very simple thing for example, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD “Thank you” truly from their heart?
Thank you for supporting us
Thank you for carrying us
Thank you for hanging in there
Thank you for handling the mid nicely
Thank you for buying us wards & courier
Thank you for teaching me where I did wrong
Or something like
It’s ok everyone’s fail at one time
Not everyone’s perfect
You’re doing a good job!
Have you ever done that?
Have you ever heard that?