Why is Geometry Editing unresponsive?

Hello I am new to UE4 and I am trying to create basic levels to familiarize myself with using the different modes in the program.
However, it seems that the geometry editor is not working properly. I click on the mode, then attempt to use that to alter the geometry just like they do in the tutorial videos.

What am I doing incorrectly? Did I miss something?

Hey Brandley2142,

In order to better assist you, could you please upload your DXDiag from your computer to your next reply? That way I will be able to tell whether or not your computer is sufficient with using the editor.

Could you also tell me exactly what you’re doing to cause your geometry to be unresponsive while editing? If you have a video or screen capture you can provide, that would be very useful.

Also, are you on 4.8.2? If so, did you obtain the editor from the Epic Games Launcher or from GitHub?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Ms. for your extremely quick reply.

I had posted my DxDiag and everything needed. However, It seemed I was trying to Basic cubes to edit, and not BSP Cubes.

Which is why the editor was not allowing me to change the geometry of the object.

Thank you for taking the time to answer this! It is great to see that the company has a helping hand for even it’s most inexperienced users.

I’m glad you figured out that the two cubes were mixed. If you have any further questions, let us know.

Have a wonderful week!