Why I can't see my plug-ins?

i was following the video in question:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwifxaP02IX6AhWQRPEDHS9RA_EQtwJ6BAgCEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DP5-5tQicC60&usg=AOvVaw1yxoGIoc3gejCGwkcUXump

and I got stuck on minute (5:20).

Essentially, the plug in that i installed (the 4.27 version), isn’t showing on my UE4.27 plug-in menù!
I don’t know how proceed further! someone can explain to me how to enable those plugs?

thanks and best regards to all ue community! <3

Hi @DomDotCom3008 - that video really looks cool - on github I can only see master and a release branch. Did you try to do it with UE5? A lot of japanese here, so not sure, but maybe just giving this a try with UE5 could solve troubles?

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the response!
Unfortunately my computer crash if I try to run Unreal Engine 5…
So the only way to do it for me, is to use UE4-27.

:.)

Hello DomDotCom3008, thank you for posting the question.

I took a gander at the video and timestamp you left. I was able to find the plugins in my 4.27 project after placing the plugins into my project’s plugin folder. So now, I have a few questions:

After you placed the plugins into your Plugins folder and double clicked your .uproject, were you prompted to compile your project?
If no:

• What is the path of your plugins?

• Please ensure the folders are arranged something like mine.
    Path

• Please check that you have the correct version of the plugins in your folder. If I remember correctly, each plugin will have an engine version you can download. So downloading the master from GitHub may not be sufficient.

• You will need to ensure you are getting the 4.27 versions.

• Please check that at the least the .uplugin, Binaires, Resource, and source folders are in each of the plugin’s folders.

If Yes to the aforementioned question:
Please go to Edit/Plugins and click on the Project tab. It would look something like this:

If the plugins are there, hurray!
If it is not there, please provide more information on your folder structure.

I hope this helps for now, I look forward to your replies.

The bit of information that I was missing (and I’m posting it here in case it helps someone who comes by here in the future): after dropping the plugin into your Plugins folder and opening the project again you don’t see the new plugin in your Content Browser.

You should now go to Edit->Plugins, And under the Project section you will see your newly added plugin.

And now you should check the Enabled checkbox.

It will now show up in your content browser.