Why does the editor crash at 35% every time?

I’ve tried starting the editor from the launcher and directly from the .exe file.

I have reinstalled 4.8.3 twice.

I have reinstalled the entire launcher twice.

And I have updated the drivers for my graphics card to the latest versions.

Can anyone help me out with whats going wrong here?

Cheers

Crash TXT file
Crash Img

Hi Callas,

With the Engine closed, try deleting the DerivedDataCache folder located here:
(/Users/ ----------------- /Library/Application Support/Epic/UnrealEngine/4.8/DerivedDataCache/Boot.ddc).

The “Boot.ddc” is the suspected corrupt file, but delete the entire folder and restart the engine.

If this does not correct the issue, this bug has been fixed in 4.9 so, after uninstalling UE4, try installing that version of the engine and, if successful, redownload and install 4.8.3 if it is needed to continue your project.

Let us know if these suggestions resolve your issue.

Thanks

… You are a legend. Working perfectly again.

Thanks for the help!

hi, it happen to me the same with a mac os and unreal engine just installed 4.13.1

Have you tried deleting the DerivedDataCache folder as described above?

It’s going to be in the install directory on your machine (location may vary). In my case, Users>Shared>UnrealEngine>4.13>Engine>DerivedDataCache.

With the Launcher and editor closed, delete that folder. It (should) rebuild on Launch. If not, you can create an empty folder and name it “DerivedDataCache.” -This is the most common solution when the Editor is stuck at 35% on a Mac. However, while this is a good place to start, it may be something else.

Hi ,

I could not find the folder, but i installed a previous version and it works find,but could you tell me where to find that folder on my mac?

kind regards

ok , i just found it, many thanks

Im having the same problem with 4.16.3 on OSSierra; deleted the folder but still no luck!

Mine is stuck on 18% on mac

My Ue4 Crashed When 95% on lunch and error is :

Assertion failed: [File:D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 249] Result failed at D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp:361 with error 8876017C

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer