Why does sockets for shoulders and thigs placed at the bottom of character?

Hello. I’m trying to use modular control rig and can’t understand why does sockets for shoulders and thigs placed at the bottom of character:

So I can’t add shoulders at all, because it doesn’t affect anything at placed at the bottom too.

So, after some time spent with this issue I found out - the problem is in spine module. I’ve tried to use another skeleton and as you can see all sockets are not attached to character

so it generates in 0;0 coordinates. And, of course, it doesn’t do anything in that case. I’ve tried to create sockets manually:

but in that case control just in wrong position and doesn’t follow rules of others modules (color, parent control, etc…) and I can’t set it in right position. Any advices?

1 Like

Did you ever fix this? I’m trying to Import and make a control rig for a character created in Makehuman, and the module creates these orphan sockets that I can’t move or delete.

EDIT: I found the problem, basically the imported skeleton had the wrong naming convention on the bones, renaming them makes the modules snap to the right place.

The alternative is to duplicate the control rig module to fit the naming convention of your custom skeleton. You can also build a new module from scratch if there is deviating functionality.