Why does packaged game use 100% of GPU, when standalone game in Editor only uses 40%?

This is my first time using Unreal Engine, and I’m making a prototype for a souls-like game for a project. I’m done with the prototype, and had thought it would be easy to just package it and turn it in, but that turned out to not be the case. When running the packaged version of the game, the GPU usage is at 100%, which makes me not want to turn it in, for obvious reasons. However, I don’t know what is causing the GPU to be at 100%, as there are no textures at all in the game, other than the white ones on the default blocks and a completely white texture on the player character. The models I used aren’t high-poly either.

This is how it looks in task manager when running “Standalone Game” from the editor:

And this is how it looks when opening the packaged and shipped game:

When I looked for answers online about this issue, people seemed to be in agreement that the frame rate should be capped, and if possible, the game should be tried running in a lower resolution.

When going to set a frame rate cap, there was no DefaultGameUserSettings.ini-file, so I created one with these settings:

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]

bUseVSync=False

bUseDynamicResolution=False

ResolutionSizeX=1280

ResolutionSizeY=720

LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1280

LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=720

WindowPosX=-1

WindowPosY=-1

FullscreenMode=2

LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=2

PreferredFullscreenMode=2

Version=5

AudioQualityLevel=0

LastConfirmedAudioQualityLevel=0

FrameRateLimit=64.000000

DesiredScreenWidth=1280

bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False

DesiredScreenHeight=720

LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenWidth=1280

LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenHeight=720

LastRecommendedScreenWidth=-1.000000

LastRecommendedScreenHeight=-1.000000

LastCPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000

LastGPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000

LastGPUBenchmarkMultiplier=1.000000

bUseHDRDisplayOutput=False

HDRDisplayOutputNits=1000

But there was no change. As for the resolution, I at first followed the main menu tutorial inside the [Unreal Engine docs][3], but this didn’t work inside the packaged game. So instead, I made this

Which still doesn’t work. I am stumped at what to do to get the GPU usage down, any help would be appreciated.

Did you find any solution/reason for this? I am also in the same situation like you and unable to find any solution online.