Why does my game use 100% GPU and little CPU

Hey all, I have this issue where when I play the game I packaged it is almost always on 100% GPU usage (I also run on very low fps to what I should run it on), while there is almost nothing in the game to process, I have 2 examples of my own, and a comparison from Elden Ring.

Elden Ring:

A Project with a completely new basic level with nothing added to it:

A completely new project with nothing changed (So 3rd person template)

My specs are:
Rtx 2060
Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
24 GB Ram
2560x1440 monitor

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Edit:

Elden ring on maximum settings:

Keep in mind this is just standing still, but the same goes for the 3 pictures above

Hey @Faze_Kaas. That means your game probably needs a lot of optimization because it is using that many resources. Also, it is telling you that your game is GPU Bound. Which means the your GPU usage is what is causing your game to run slowly.

Here is unreal’s documentation on GPU profiling.

I suggest starting by running the command Stat GPU and checking where your game is consuming more resources. Also, you should always profile your game packaged build or at least running it as standalone from the Editor (the latter is easier and faster to iterate if you are just starting to profile).

Hope this helps

1 Like

Hey thanks for your reply, I will take a look

1 Like

I know how to resolve this,set in game fps from 65 to max 240
I have 3090ti and when i set my fps to 240 my gpu is 95 percent with temp 60 to 65 that is too hot.
But when i edit fps and put 115 my gpu is 55percent and i add 75 fps and my gpu is 47 percent

Everything is in fps perfomance.