Why does my editor preview looks different from playing the game in the editor?

I’m using a post process volume inside a level I’m trying to make.
This is what the editor looks like

and this is what playing it looks like

I have disabled Eye Adaptation/Auto Exposure and the post process volume is set to unbound. I’m using the first person controller from the Horror Engine template.

What can I do so that the game looks like in the editor?

This topic comes up often and yet without any solid explanation. No amount of settings have put a dent in this situation. Old project, new project, blank project all show differently in game. When Im in the editor I know that the scene may look blown out or too dark and just plain crummy, but in game looks perfect. Just trial and error. Turn up the lux>check in game, increase or decrease indirect lighting> check in game and so on.

That’s the only way I find to work around it. I’ve encountered this on two different binary versions of UE4 4.26.2 and 4.27 as well as a source build of 4.26. Hopefully someone can chime in on this who has solved it, but I think it’s just a large persistent bug. Everything works fine, just doesn’t reflect the changes while in editor.

1 Like

I’ve managed to fix this by using lights instead of emissive materials… For some reason lumen doesn’t like emissive materials