Why does it take so long to install Unreal engine?

Widows 8.1,AMD A-8 6410 APU processor,8 GB RAM.
It takes so long to install UE4, WHY?

You mean laucher or UE from laucher?

Hi Gamu59,

A version of the Engine is usually between 11 to 12 GBs, so most of the installation time is spent downloading that content. Depending on your internet speed, it can take some time.

If you are experiencing an error where the download percentage is hanging or restarting, post back here to let us know.

Cheers,

TJ

Unreal Engine is very good, but it taks up a lot of space on you computer downloading Assets to Sounds to the actual thing! Like TJ said, it may take awhile, depending on your speed.

See ya,

Johnodon

VortexDev
vortex.pcriot.com

Also as networking and disk speed effect install, waiting is just apart of the process.

So, i’m guessing like 30 minutes

ITS WORTH IT.

i have that problem it keeps restarting downloads(684mb), it wont stop that please help

I was having a problem where it was installing at about 4Mb/s… On an overclocked TR with 64Gb of overclocked RAM and all NVME storage SN750’s and Epic has its own drive… Storage is optimized for speed. Canceling and resuming seems to have solved the problem… Kind of… Though my first attempt to resume crashed the Epic launcher. Its still kinda slow and the speed fluctuates a lot… Went up to 50 dropped down to 20 and everywhere in between…

I am currently experiencing this problem with UE5. I have internet speed of 60-80mbps. 8GB RAM and ext HDD of 2’5 750GB I tried to install it on 3’5 1TB before, but the 1TB I supposed it has some issues cuz of a long story since it’s taken from an old PC. My 750GB has always worked well tho , I played GTA V out of it. I suppose it’s something from the Epic Engine? I’ve never experienced such a stop-start-stop situation.