Why do I get the error "The procedure entry point WinSqmAddToStreamEx could not be located in dynamic link library ntdll.dll" come up?

I have recently downloaded and purchased a subscription of Unreal Engine 4 but at launch I get the message 'The procedure entry point WinSqmAddToStreamEx could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll. I have a 64bit system and I’ve downloaded DirectX11. Currently it’s a WinRAR Archive in my Downloaded files and I haven’t deleted the previous DirectX10 (if that’s neccesary or even possible). Because this didn’t fix anything I unstalled and reinstalled Unreal Engine but the same error message keeps popping up.

Hi Fireflux21,

I’m sorry you’re having this issue.

Can you please post your DxDiag here?

If you’re not sure how to get your DxDiag you can do so by: going to command prompt > type in dxdiag > save all information. It will save a txt file. please attach that to this post.

When you say that you’ve downloaded DirectX11 but it’s in your downloads folder, are you saying that you’ve not installed it yet and are running DX10?

If this is the case the editor will not run on DX10. You will need to install DX11 otherwise it will result in a crash.

Thank you!

Tim

Hi Fireflux21,

I’ve not heard from you in a few days. I’m going to mark this as resolved for our tracking purposes. If you’re still having the issues please post here and I can look into your issue.

Thank you!

Tim