Why do certain Steam achievements not work?

I am seeing the overlay on my end.

But indeed, regardless of whether or not an achievement registers to Steam, the true pin fires.

Hey MrGoatsy,

Iā€™ve spent some time looking into your project, but for whatever reason on my end Iā€™m not seeing the overlay appear, and none of the achievements are being credited through Steam. I have verified that I have Steam open as well, but the project does not appear to be functioning on my end. If you can provide me with a detailed list of steps within your project that I can take to see:

1. An achievement being credited successfully
  2. An achievement being credited in blueprint, but not registering with Steam

Iā€™d be glad to take another look. However, without a local repro after additional testing and with regards to me being unable to reproduce it in your project, Iā€™m unable to take further action at this time.

Feel free to leave a comment to reopen the thread with the requested information.

Thanks

Please do not mark a question answered when it is clearly not.

I have already told you the steps to reproduce it, multiple times even.

In order for the overlay to work you need to run Steam as administrator and Unreal Engine 4 as well, then play it as a standalone game.

1 Like

And Iā€™ve followed those exact steps with no results on my end. All of my other Steam projects function as expected using the same workflow. The achievements that you state are working are not working on my end, and as a result Iā€™m unable to test using the project youā€™ve provided. As stated, any other project I create works fine with Steam integration, I only run into issues when using the one you provided. We do not currently have the resources available to allocate to debugging the project, and without a local repro on our end in a clean project, we are unable to take any further action at this time.

Based on the behavior youā€™ve explained, I have to assume that the achievements are working correctly, as some of them are being credited. Itā€™s also possible that there is an issue on the Steam side of things. Have you tried getting in touch with their support to see if this could be something related to Steamworks?

As stated earlier, if you can provide me with a project using the 480 test app id that showcases the same issue, Iā€™d be glad to take another look, but due to the lack of a local repro, weā€™re limited as far as what action we can take at this time.

If I do it with the 480 test app it works fine, it only doesnā€™t work with my game.

I have tried getting in contact with Valve but they have completely ignored me and they donā€™t have a contact email for this stuff.

Without being able to reproduce this on my end, it leads me to believe that there could be an issue with your specific setup, or there is a Steam issue that will need to be resolved by Valve. If after getting in touch with Valve it is deemed to be an issue with Unreal, feel free to leave a comment to reopen this thread. However, at the current time, we do not believe that this is a bug with the Unreal Engine.

Have a great day

I would like to keep this question open until a solution has been found.

Unfortunately, thatā€™s not the process. Marking a topic as resolved is strictly for tracking purposes, and you are always welcome to reopen a thread with a comment when new information is to be provided.

Thanks

Oke, will do, thanks for the help.

It was a stupid mistake.

This contained two times a 1:

Achievement_0_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_0"
Achievement_1_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_1"
Achievement_2_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_2"
Achievement_3_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_3"
Achievement_4_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_4"
Achievement_5_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_5"
Achievement_6_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_6"
Achievement_7_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_7"
Achievement_8_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_8"
Achievement_9_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_9"
Achievement_1_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_10"
Achievement_11_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_11"
Achievement_12_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_12"
Achievement_13_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_13"
Achievement_14_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_14"
Achievement_15_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_15"

To fix it I had to change the second 1 to a 10:

Achievement_0_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_0"
Achievement_1_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_1"
Achievement_2_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_2"
Achievement_3_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_3"
Achievement_4_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_4"
Achievement_5_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_5"
Achievement_6_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_6"
Achievement_7_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_7"
Achievement_8_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_8"
Achievement_9_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_9"
Achievement_10_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_10"
Achievement_11_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_11"
Achievement_12_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_12"
Achievement_13_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_13"
Achievement_14_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_14"
Achievement_15_Id="NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_15"

Funny how it slipt through our eyes, glad you found it.

hey, did this get resolved?

im having the same issue where the ap480 achievements work, but when i use my own games app id, the achievements donā€™t work.

So I ran into the same issue at first but was able to get my achievements working. The problem is that you cannot achieve achievements until youā€™ve made them public for your game. So after creating the achievements with your Steam Partner account, you have to hit the PUBLISH button and make them publicly available. This makes sense because youā€™re logging into the game via your own steam account and if theyā€™re not available to the public then even you canā€™t see them. Thatā€™s why thereā€™s a testing branch, to make sure your code is working. So use the 480 app id for your testing and then when you want to see your own achievements, make them public via the publish button on Steam.