I would like to process some data within a BP function, based on some constants.
I added a few local variables to the function to hold these constants.
But after populating them with default values, these values get erased when the BP is compiled.
- Create a BP based on Actor.
- Add a BP function and hook it up, for example in the construction script.
- Add a local variable to the function, say a material reference.
- Add a material as default.
- Compile the BP
- Now you will see that the variable default value is “empty” again.
Is this a bug?
I see no reason why function variables cant have default values…?!