Why can't I use the "Add" tool of Landscape on some free spaces?

Can you show a picture?

Hi, normally I don’t have a problem with the Landscape tool, but I can’t use the add tool of Landscape on some free spaces. It is shown in red, which means I can’t add it here, but I have more than enough space to add it. So why is it shown in red on some areas? I would be happy to get an answer. I tried to restart UE4 and it did not work. I even tried to go to another level and then go back again, but the problem still exists.

Ok. It does this when there’s a mesh obscuring the part of the landscape you want to paint on.

I can see, of course, there’s nothing there.

What I’m wondering is, is there something that that’s not being seen? A very thin mesh, something hidden, something translucent etc?

You can tell if this is the case, by moving your landscape elsewhere ( with the move widget ) and trying this square again.

I moved the landscape away and unfortunately it didn’t work. When I click on this area, I can only select the Skysphere.

try these view modes to see if any mesh is coliding with your landscape!

Could you change your Response to an answer? I would like to mark your answer as the correct answer.

Thank you very much!!! After changing it to player collision, I could see that I already added it, but they were invisible in “normal view”. So I deleted them with the Delete tool and could use the Add tool on the free spaces :smiley:

1 Like