Why cant i open a map without my pc freezing?

Hi !
I tried to reopen a old project of mine, everything work fine until i try to open my main map in Unreal.
When i open it, my screen freeze and i cant do nothing until my pc shut down and restart… I dont know what the problem is, but when it happen, i can barely open my task manager to close the program. It seem that when i try to open the map, my 30G of memory and all of my processor goes to 100% utilisation and as i said everything freeze and my pc restart.

As you can see, i can open the project without any problem.

But when i try to open the map.

Everything is loading and stop at 52 %

Then everything freeze forcing me to stop the program or to restart my pc. When i go to my task manager i can see that unreal is using 100% of my processor and all of my 30G of memory. I have a really good pc … My processor is a Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, i have 31.9 Go of memory actually.

337640-capture6.png

I dont know if all of this can help finding a solution.

Anyone experienced something like that… Anyone have any idea whats going on and what i should do to fix my problem ? I am running out of idea and i would really love to get my project back. :frowning:

Please help me guys :confused:

You have to wait for it to compile unfortunately ( that’s what it’s doing ).

That’s right - I’ve had some painful waits for maps to open whilst it’s been doing this. It just feels like it’s frozen because the progress bar isn’t moving.

I advise going and having a cup of tea and giving it half an hour.