Why are there uniform holes in the tie points here?

Hi everyone! In this screegrab, there are rectangular holes in the tie points. These are filled in when the mesh is created, but its very low-density, and the texture looks like garbage there.

Coverage is good, photos are in focus and properly exposed. Thoughts?

Hi Joe,
to me it seems like it is an insufficient overlap and those parts are visible only on one image:

I would add some images there:

You can also try to use these settings:

1. Change the existing Reconstruction Region slightly. Increase it size by 15% and rotate it by 20 degrees.
  2. Set Minimal distance between two vertices (Reconstruction settings - Mesh calculation) to some value, e.g. 0.001.
  3. Raise the number of Maximal vertex count per part (Reconstruction settings - Advanced) to higher value, e.g. 10M or 20M.
    , but I suppose this will be the overlap thing.

Thanks for the rapid reply. I’ll have to try those settings.

I’m able to place a control point in these areas, and have at least 3, but usually 4 photos covering it.

It was extremely difficult to get good alignment, I believe due to the subtle marble pattern and relatively low overlap. (It’s about 75% overlap, but only 62% “sidelap” (thanks, python image library). The only other time I’ve seen this before was with black tarps over a facade, which acted like a mask and just didn’t mesh.