Why are roughness texture values crushed in 4.26 SM5?

I’ve run into a weird fidelity issue since upgrading to 4.26 and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this or may have any insights. I have a simple material with a tileable noise texture in it’s roughness. When previewing in SM5 the roughness appears to lose the range from the noise texture, as if the levels have been completely crushed. In ES3.1 however, the roughness appears to maintain its range in value and looks as I intend it to. This problem did not exist for me prior to 4.26, and I’ve also created a new project from scratch and can replicate the issue. Also if it holds any relevance, I’m using planar reflections in these instances. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you all in advance, as always I really appreciate it!

I have noticed it too. Please, could you submit it as a bug?
https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/?language=en_US

Thank you!

Thank you! I literally just saw your reply original reply this morning. I’ve also learned that this seems to be strictly a planar reflection issue. When using SSR, everything reacts as intended.

I have already reported it as a bug.

Don’t worry! I simply wanted to gain time, as maybe I wouldn’t be able to send it.

Yes, it only happens with planar ones, as far as I have noticed.

Regards!