why are event items being cooked in to my mod?

Thank you for looking at my question!

I just started to work with the ARK Dev kit for ARK survival Evolved, and following tutorials it says to make copies of the three files in the GenericMod folder to your mod folder and rename them.

after doing that and renaming them for my project, i loaded the GenericMod level up and set the Primal Game Data Override to my projects PrimalGameData file and clicked save.

i tried a Cook Game Mod with setting a test mod output directory just to see if things were good to start. when i checked the mod in the test dir, i was shocked to see a bunch of data all relating to event stuff(valentines candy, box, easter egg, pumpkin, bone and others).

after seeing all this unplanned data in the mod directory, i went digging and found that the genericmod/testgamemode had active event timed spawn actor set to santaraptor_blueprint. i tried to set that to none, did a strict compile and save, deleted the mod dir from the test dir and did another cook of the mod only to find all those same items cooked in.

i looked through everything i could find. looking for event stuff, but for the life of me i can not find where/why/how, cooking a test of the generic mod files is pulling in this unwanted data into the mod.

I really hope someone sees this and has a solution for this.
Thank you for your time.

1 Like

I have the same problem. And I can see from several new mods I’ve downloaded that it does it for more people. Can only guess it is a bug in the devkit.