Why Append node have maximum 25 pins?

Hello, so I creating string with which players can share levels maded by them, I have about 60 variables for this string, but Append have maximum 25 pins. Is there any reason for this (optimization, or …)? Maybe there better way to do this? 25 pins, not 26 pins, there no “Z”, and this confucing me for a little :slight_smile:

Found this guide, how to work with Windows clipboard UE4 Copy text to/paste text from clipboard - Programmer Sought Yes, its works.

Is there any reason for this
(optimization, or …)?

I bet the reason for this is that it should never be necessary to perform such operation, for example:

This assembles those ints into a string and prints: 05101568

Depending on how the data is organised, this could be made more compact, efficient. You could use structs for those ints. Is there any logic to this? As in, the groups of ints represent something that be categorised perhaps?

So if you wrapped it into a function, it could look like this:

But there’s probably more ways to make it neater, more dev-friendly and less carpal tunnel inducing.

• Normal person in UE4: ★Uses array★
  • KAT_Editor: “Hold my Vodka”

Thanks for answer :slight_smile: Values already in struct, but this values have different types, and some values can have 1-3 numbers (so, I used additional “Append” for adding 0 or 00 at begining). I need most of this values for tiles setting, from string I get them with “Get Substring” node.

“Hold my Vodka”

Nah, you deserve it! Just drink it. I’ll go sober today.

337521-1-js966ps57vvjdkx0qu6-va.png

It’s beautiful in that one terrifying way.

This is blueprints of random generated level :slight_smile: I need to contact with every tile. Maybe I can make it looks simple, and use array, but then there will be more calculations, and I may be wrong somewhere.

Not all russians drink vodka :slight_smile:

I imagine moment when Epic Games agree to create “Append” node with 25 pins, and then I appear outside the window :smiley: