Why am I unable to launch ShooterGame?

Hi Epic and Unreal team. Thought I’d share my log with you. I tried to Launch ShooterGame on my local system as, well, I wanted to test bots. Dedicated Server on Play was causing game to crash at starter screen, so I tried to Launch. Build went well for quite a while and then BAM! Dead in water. Below are my logs from just before failure.

Running 4.3.1 on Win8.1x64

LogPlayLevel:Display: InternalUtils.SafeFindFiles: FindFiles E:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.3\Engine\Content\Localization\ICU * True
LogPlayLevel:Display: InternalUtils.SafeFindFiles: SafeFindFiles E:\Users\Aaron\Documents\Unreal Projects\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 ShooterGame.exe True
LogPlayLevel:Display: InternalUtils.SafeFindFiles: FindFiles E:\Users\Aaron\Documents\Unreal Projects\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 ShooterGame.exe True
LogPlayLevel:Display: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: No files found to deploy for E:\Users\Aaron\Documents\Unreal Projects\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 with wildcard ShooterGame.exe and exclusions
LogPlayLevel:Display: Stacktrace: at DeploymentContext.StageFiles(StagedFileType FileType, String InPath, String Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String[] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, Boolean bRemap, String NewName)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at BaseWinPlatform.StageExecutable(String Ext, DeploymentContext SC, String InPath, String Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String[] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, StagedFileType InStageFileType, String NewName)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at BaseWinPlatform.GetFilesToDeployOrStage(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at Project.CreateStagingManifest(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at BuildCommand.Execute()
LogPlayLevel:Display: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:Display: at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: No files found to deploy for E:\Users\Aaron\Documents\Unreal Projects\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 with wildcard ShooterGame.exe and exclusions
LogPlayLevel:Display: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
LogPlayLevel:Display: Domain_ProcessExit
LogPlayLevel:Display: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel:Display: copying UAT log files…
LogPlayLevel:Display: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
LogPlayLevel:Display: BUILD FAILED

nobody? :frowning:

Continuing, I have just tested out strategy game (TowerDefenceMap) and got exact same error. Help??

Hey ,

Sorry for delay in response. I moved this post to Bug Reports section so it can get attention it needs.

You mentioned that it crashed on Play when you enabled Dedicated Server. Does project crash on Play without that enabled? Can you and attach crash logs for us after it crashes? You can find them here:

If you are experiencing a crash, then
please provide us with the .LOG and
.DMP files from your
[project]\Saved\Logs folder.
Additionally, you can please send us
CrashReportClient.log file located
in C:\Program Files\Unreal
Engine\4.0\Engine\Programs\CrashReportClient\Saved\Logs.

Thanks!

Hey ,

We haven’t heard back from you in awhile, so I am marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this issue after converting to 4.4.2, please provide information requested above. Thanks!