Why am I over the Texture streaming pool limit?

There is this annoying thing that keeps happening to me, whenever I make large changes to my landscape like landscape layer painting, procedural foliage, foliage painting, sculpting ect… I sometimes decide I dont like the results so I do " Ctrl Z " a few times and after a few times of doing this I end up reaching my streaming pool limit for textures even if I undo everything, no matter what I do, the engine will continue to tell me that im over the streaming pool. I can even remove all foliage and stuff and it will still say im over the limit even though everything was perfectly fine before I began making edits and undoing with " Ctrl Z". Anyone know how to fix this?

What is your streaming pool size? You could increase it.

You get this all the time. Basically when you’re playing in editor, the streaming pool just keeps building, it never goes down. So, if you want to stop the annoying error you have to use the console command:

r.Streaming.Poolsize 2000

( or 3000 ).

Apparently, the problem doesn’t occur in the production version.

I see, thanks! I assumed the texture streaming pool was referring to the textures that were currently in the scene.

If you put things in the scene, then change your mind, the pool keeps on growning even though you have swapped many assets out…