Why a rolling ball jumps when cross boarders of landscape components? How to fix this?

This is very easy to reproduce.

1. Create a rolling template project and delete everything except the ball, lights and the player start.
  2. Create a flat landscape filling the world.
  3. Play and start rolling the ball.

If the ball gets enough speed, you will see a very high jumping when the ball cross the boarder of landscape components. It’s easier to see the jumping location with the “landscape visualizers” set to “Layer Usage”. Components boarders are shown as black lines in this mode.

Hello,

Thank you for the report. We will be looking into this. If there is anything else that I can help you with please let me know.

Thanks,

We are developing a golf game. Our golf courses are created using landscape. So these “collision gaps” are causing very serious problems when golf ball rolls on green. Is there anyway we can avoid this problem?

Hello,

Unfortunately, at this time we are not aware of any work around for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but the rolling ball template is meant to be a template or to simply showcase how to create a project with a rolling ball theme.

Thanks

Hello,

Is there any news for that issue ? I want to use a physics simulated sphere on a landscape and I have exactly the same problem. I can’t combine that two basic features and it’s annoying.

Here is a video : 2018 05 31 12 40 36 - YouTube

hello Alex,
check the last solution in here:

Thank you ! It’s not perfect but better.