White stains problem on exterior render (still image)

Hi everyone ! I got a problem trying to render a still image on UE5 and I couldn’t find any topic to help me over here.

When rendering a high resolution image, white stains appear on the output image and I’m desperately trying to solve it for days now.
The spots don’t appear when rendering lower resolution image (in movie render queue) with the same camera and same camera settings.

It doesn’t appear to be a material problem or something linked to that since these white stains only take place on a certain portion of the image (see file attached).

I tried to change HDRI or light intensity/orientation, it doesn’t change anything…

Any idea of what could be the problem here ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I forgot to add that I’m on UE 5.3.2 on a Macbook Pro M2

What happens if you open the console (~ on PC) and type in the resolution:

‘highresshot 3200x1600’ for example. Make sure you save before trying some high resolutions. It may crash Unreal or your video card.

I tried the HighResShot command with the resolution I would like to render with and the white stains don’t appear.

There is still some light white areas (see the red arrows) but already more acceptable.

I’m quite new on UE and I don’t get on what does this mean for solving my initial problem when rendering…?

Actually I slightly reduced the resolution in the render presets and the white stains disappeared on the next try… I think it could be considered as solved.

Even if I still don’t understand why these stains appeared, if someone has an idea I would be interested to know for the following ones !

Best,

1 Like

When you render a high res screenshot where the quality is set to a number, like 2, it may “tile” the image into parts and then render each of that part independently. Whne finished it combines them into one big image. I don’t know exactly if that is how it works. So my thought was to enter the resolution and avoid the “tiling”. Because your image looked divided into 2 Halfs. One with and one without white spots.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.