which template use for create push block game unreal engin4

i want to create a game based on push block as shown in image. my question is that what type of template should i use for creating such game but in 3D, is it third person template or puzzle template

1 Like

I’d use the blank template, you’ll need to implement a lot of your own stuff for a puzzle like this.

then how to set the character in center of box and with swipe left/right and up/down move the character to center of second box for to the selected tile center . I use get actor forward vector multiply vector with 100 and add it to get character location then set character location , my character set to location but not in animation movement .

If you wanted to move more than one block, I’d multitrace in the desired direction and use the timeline to move all valid hits.

So the timeline and the controls should be in the player controller; or in the pawn if it’s their job to move stuff about.

Not sure how the mechanics is supposed to work but the easiest way to move blocks would be with a Timline + Lerp combo:

Image from Gyazo

The movement can be set up better, of course. And quite differently if the blocks need to rotate.

1 Like

what is move track in timeline. how to add that.

Working with timelines:

its done, thanks. but i want to move my third person character. it is moving but not in walking or running. the block will automatically move when person hit it.

I wrote a small template this morning that could serve as a base for a game like this but it’s incomplete:

Image from Gyazo

If I find the time to finish it, I’ll post it. Atm, it does not do much but just detects movable (blue/green) and unmovable (red) blocks.

Third person character is using a character movement component. You should not be moving it with a timeline. You’d need to take advantage of the MoveTo NavMesh AI - have a look how they do in the Top Down template.

When you deal with a puzzle game like this, you definitely should not be using physics or movement components. The logic would revolve around detecting and moving the right blocks directly. Unless your game is a physics-based puzzler, of course. What you’ve shown in the screenshot is probably not. Or is using a custom solution / engine.

It probably can be one with physics but it would be complicated.

If you wanted a character to move, you’d just use simple Move To - I think that’s the name. But you’ll need a nav mesh for that.

I set my pawn movement like this. But the problem is that if there is no further way to movement then it keep tumbling over there, eg. if it reach at the wall and i give it input for further movement the it tumbling /rolling over there instead of stay still because there is no further way.

339504-capture.png

how to make grid like this is it blueprint of tile of box size that is placed like grid.

Many ways; for simple grids I usually do something along the lines of:

These two are not compatible for many reasons, you don’t need to use ISM; you can use it like this instead:

I used ISMs as it felt natural for something like this - performant. If you want to learn more about ISMs and HISMm have a look here:

is this script written in tile blueprint. my static mesh not connected with target it is giving error… static mesh component object reference is not compatible with instance static mesh component object reference.

It just show one tile.

2000 uus is 20 meters. Maybe they’re far. What’s the value of X and Y?

X and Y value is 5,5.

Place the actor above the ground. Remove the static mesh component from the Components tab - that’s the 1 cube you’re seeing.