which should i pick ue4 or unity (i know it has been asked)

I only tested with Unity 5 for about 2 months before coming (and staying) to UE4.

If you have any ambitions to learn pragramming, Unity’s C# may be a little easier to learn than C++. From what I remember you can’t make many mistakes in Unity, whereas in Unreal it’s relatively easy to write code that completely crashes the engine. But that also means you have more freedom in UE4 where you can derive from virtually any class. In Unity you can’t derive from the basic actor for exanple (iirc), only make custom actor-components. If you don’t want to code at all, UE4’s blueprint system is pretty much unrivalled afaik.
Unreal offers a lot of editing tools. The one for materials is particularly useful imo. You can make nice material effects without ever using any shader language. For me the choice wasn’t so hard, but maybe that’s because I have been programming in C++ for many years. Unity is probably easier to learn. The one thing I hate about UE4 is that it still doesn’t allow you to generate or modify landscapes at runtime. So procedural environments are virtually impossible.

i’m a totally normal person with little to no ability in programing being barely able to create a webpage and i want to develop games for hobby i have some experience with blender (very little)

i have heard the blueprint system is good for people who are not good at programing so I’m asking if its gonna be good for me someone with little to no experience

yes i know i could test both of then in fact i have both of then in my computer and i have used them a little but before i waste hours in a enormous list of tutorials i think i might be able to halve my effort if i can get a good straight answer

i would rather not use any money i don’t even have a credit card yet I’m just a young student who wants to play so please have it in mind and don’t tell me about anything money related

It probably does not matter as from where you are starting you have an enormous amount to learn (don’t be discouraged, it just takes time) and what you learn will be applicable in any engine. Comparing entire engines is often futile, some do things others don’t and you have to know your requirements to move forward.

I only say this because it’s easy to get lost in the tools before realizing that what you need to understand is what the aspects of a game are and that doesn’t change much engine to engine.

I’d say grab UE4, do some basic level editing, asset management, light blueprint scripting, etc. Figure out enough to know what you need to understand to even make the game you want then you can compare those aspects between engines.

yeah i figured out it would take a large amount of learning

i use 2d for some time in gamemaker studio but changed to 3d o blender cause at least i don’t have to do the whole drawing again

just so you know I’m trying to make a third person rpg with a fight system kind of like dark souls but without all the parry and backstabbing

currently i can only make small cartoonish characters but it will have to do for the practicing

form what i saw in the ue4 tutorial 9it seems relatively easy to create a castle without having to model it on blender so it will save a lot of time to me

i will start watching the ue4 tutorials and see where it takes me thanks for answering this question for the ???th time i know people must ask it a lot