Which Nvidia RTX Drivers to use with Ue5.1

I have installed Unreal Engine 5.1 on my Nvidia 2070 RTX machine. I’ve just downloaded the latest Nvidia Studio Drivers and my project keeps crashing when it first loads. This is the error message: LoginId:5c30265e4648119c8ebb2b96c8c0c08f
EpicAccountId:9b33e0e16b244091848b9a9a06209eff

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000201550105d0

nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
D3D12Core
D3D12Core
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32

I put this into ChatGPT and its telling me " This error message is indicating that there is a problem with the graphics driver that is causing an access violation. This is likely a problem with the compatibility of the driver with the version of Unreal Engine you have installed".

Should I rather install the Game Drivers, which drivers work best?

So Installed the latest Game Drivers and Im getting Error message: LoginId:5c30265e4648119c8ebb2b96c8c0c08f
EpicAccountId:9b33e0e16b244091848b9a9a06209eff

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000001f9167e05d0

nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
D3D12Core
D3D12Core
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

So I cant start Ue5 using Game or Studio drivers, anybody got an idea as to whats going on?

Hey there @Graeme_VR! This issue is a graphical one that usually stems from environmental factors more than engine side factors (but not always). We’ve got a thread over here with tons of proposed fixes and work arounds (sorry it’s a bit of a link hop, memory linked errors like this can be SO many things).

Feel free to go through and give them a try, ask me any questions you have!

Great, thanks for the quick reply. I’ll check this out and follow up with any questions.

1 Like

So I’ve spent the day trying to fix this issue. I tried all the suggestions relating to the links above. Ue5 crashes now everytime I tried load any project, so its not project specific. I tried restoring Default settings to the Nvidia control panel. I uninstalled Ue5 and reinstalled it. Is there anything else I can try cause I need this to work. I have clients waiting for this project.

The way I fixed it was to install a custom installation of Nvidia Studio Drivers, I did not install Gforce Experience, now it loads and works fine

1 Like

Ahhh so it’s possible Geforce experience was forcing something involving the memory like it does with Game-ready drivers. Interesting! Awesome work! It also could be that the custom installation cleared any failed pieces of the original studio driver’s install too, but the world may never know.

I can confirm nvidia geforce experience causing an issue. I opened my project(s) fine earlier today, then updated to the latest nvidia drivers & installed geforce experience and could not start my projects.

Found this thread, uninstalled geforce experience from add/remove programs in windows and now my project(s) launched just fine!

Thank you @Graeme_VR

2 Likes

As a quick heads up, sorry to necropostish, but it’s the first thing that came up on Google.

I’ve been getting similar errors and tried the solutions presented here. I noticed after a driver updated about this time I was getting innumerable crashes frmo DXRHI and embree - similar to yours here, random GPU crashes as well.

I decided since I had them all opn in front of me and perform a little bit of a differential. I updaed the driver, rebooted, and left Geforce experience running, repro’ed a crash, and it crashed, closed Nvidia GeForce - repro’d crashed, I then uninstalled, rebooted, repro’d and the audio crashed across the machine.

I noted when performing a dirty custom installation that was installing a HD audio driver. This might be part of the issue. Just wanted to add that little bit of information - and maybe those HD audio drivers are worth giving a miss.

1 Like